Two curricula, one school!
Both CIV’s curricula, Portuguese Studies and English Studies, have a common educational programme. The educational programme is the guiding document that gives meaning to all school programmes and which articulates the different forms of participation: of students, teachers, teaching assistants, parents and guardians.
The construction and development of the educational programme of each curriculum follows the following guidelines:
- Detailed understanding of the students enrolled at each level of education, their academic record, their characteristics, their cognitive development, their linguistic and cultural background and their personal knowledge and values;
- Promotion of the educational model and procedures, respecting with the values of international education;
- Promotion of curricular research projects that include the input of expertise from various academic fields;
- Respect for human and cultural diversity;
- Appreciation of active citizenship, justice, solidarity, and social, cultural and environmental volunteering;
- Application of the approved internal policy.