SRC - Students Representative Council
The Students’ Representative Council (SRC) - is the representative body of the Vilamoura International School’s Students.
The SRC is governed by the basic principles of the student association, namely:
- Democracy. Year 7 to Year 13 (English Studies), 3º Ciclo and Ensino Secundário (Portuguese Studies) students have the right to participate in the SRC.
- Independence. SRC is not subject to any kind of association with political, religious or any other structures.
- Unity. The minority respects and remains bound by the decisions of the majority, in accordance with the law and the present bylaws
- Autonomy. SRC has autonomy in developing proposals and reviewing its bylaws and the annual plan of activities.
- Voluntary and open membership. SRC is a voluntary organisation open to all students from Year 7 to Year 13 (English Studies) and of the 3º Ciclo and Ensino Secundário, who are willing to take part and willing to assume the responsibilities inherent to their member status.
The Student Representative Council aims to:
- Represent the school's students and defend their interests.
- Promote respect for fundamental human values, for the civic, cultural and scientific education of its members, organising and supporting activities that share this same purpose.
- Coordinate students’ activities, according to the activities’ plan.
- Encourage its members to experience and to associatively participate in school life.
- Organise meetings, seminars and conferences, whenever such events are relevant for Students or the school community.
- Inform the Students about all its activities that may be of interest, including extra-curricular activities.
- Establish, whenever possible, the connection between all elements of CIV.